Salary: £25,000 – £32,000
Location: Combination of London office and working from home. Monday to Friday 09:00 – 17:30.
Do you love technology and interacting with people? Do you want to be part of a fast growing, diverse team delivering superb levels of service to our clients? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a world class team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
Delivering low-carbon heat is one of the biggest challenges in the transition to a net-zero emissions future. Our technology helps to accelerate this transition by using AI-driven analytics to improve efficiency and change the future of heat for the better.
This role sits at the intersection of client relationships and technology. Your mission is to support Guru’s clients, manage incoming support tickets and coordinate responses to ensure Guru is able to deliver a high standard of service at all times. Doing your job well is crucial to Guru’s business: the better our teams can support our clients, the more successful the company will be.
About the role
Guru has two software platforms Guru Pay and Guru Pinpoint, which take data from our hardware, with new products and services coming on stream in 2021. As Guru’s first line of support for our clients, typically heat metering and billing companies or on-site engineers, you will triage all support tickets relating to our hardware and software applications. You will be responding directly to routine matters and directing to second line support as needed. You will ensure all tickets are responded to within agreed service level agreements.
Your primary aim will be to reduce the volume of support by maintaining Guru’s Help Centre, escalating bugs and feature requests appropriately, identifying client training and process enhancement needs. You will report on progress against support targets monthly.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to draft written responses which are professional, precise, free of mistakes and distil sometimes complex matters in a way that is easily understood.
- Technical aptitude with experience of working in a tech company, ideally hardware as well as software. This might include experience with Software as a Service, energy utility metering and billing, an understanding of heat networks, wireless communications networks and/or similar application support for example.
- Numerate: Problem identification or resolution may include reviewing energy consumption or billing data. Must be proficient with spreadsheets.
Problem solving: An ability to extract full information from clients and then think through logically to identify the problem and right approach to a solution. Able to proactively recognise trends and know what to escalate.
- Proactive multi-tasker: Able to prioritise competing urgent and important tasks without leaving any tickets unaddressed. This will require resilience and a can do / self-starter attitude. Ability to deliver against service level agreements – actioning requests within specific time periods.
- Client advocate: Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed and apply tenacity to ensure our clients get a prompt and effective resolution.
- 1-5 years application support experience, ideally with some experience using a ticketing software and Client Relationship Management (CRM) software.
- Intermediate to advanced spreadsheet knowledge would be an asset.
- ITIL qualifications.
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!