Salary: £35,000 – £38,000
Location: Working from home currently, but moving back to our London office when Government guidelines permit. The proposed working pattern at least two days per week in the office, to be agreed with the appointee.
Hours: Full time. Our core office hours are 10am – 4pm, exact working pattern to be agreed with the appointee.
Job share options: Open to proposals
Are you excited by the idea of shaping the people management processes at a fast-growing and values-driven organisation? Do you want to create and implement a people and culture strategy to drive employee experience, engagement and performance? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
Working closely with the senior management team, line managers and the wider Guru team, your role is to develop and maintain an HR infrastructure that supports our growth plans and embeds our values to build engaged, high performing teams.
About the role
This is a broad role, covering all people management processes, from onboarding to exit.
You’ll manage our attraction and recruitment activity by working with Guru’s Talent Acquisition Specialist to provide structured role profiles and ensuring salary budgets are in place.
Supported by Guru’s Office Manager & HR Executive, you’ll oversee Guru’s onboarding programme ensuring that all new starters have the knowledge of Guru’s work and values so that every new starter feels part of the team.
You’ll manage our quarterly performance appraisal process, helping managers and team members to have quality conversations. Together with line managers, you’ll encourage a learning culture which supports team members to achieve their ambitions.
You’ll ensure that Guru promotes and maintains a diverse and inclusive culture, one that celebrates success and encourages recognition.
You’ll lead on wellbeing, and health and safety, ensuring that Guru and team members fulfill their health and safety responsibilities in all activities, including working on construction sites and in occupied properties. You’ll provide guidance on all Covid-19 matters, including managing in a flexible / remote working environment both now and in the future. You’ll also ensure that Guru has policies and guidelines that reflect Guru’s culture, legal requirements and the latest best practice.
- Minimum of 5 years experience, preferably in a small or medium sized fast-growing startup environment that prioritise values and culture
- Generalist who can demonstrate that they have contributed to all aspects of the employee life cycle. Specific areas include: Performance
- Management, Employee Engagement, Reward and Recognition, Salary benchmarking, Job design
- Knowledge of UK employment legislation and HR compliance requirements.
- Strong experience of managing day to day employee relations issues such as performance, grievance, absence, conflict resolution, maternity, flexible working
- Proven track-record of introducing initiatives to measure and improve employee engagement e.g. managing employees through Covid-19
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent
- HR related degree and / or Psychometric Profiling accreditation
- Experience of working within a tech or energy environment
- Experience of selecting and introducing new tools and systems
- Psychometric profiling
- Coaching and mentoring skills
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!