Salary: £55,000 – £60,000
Location: Our offices are in London but this role could be based remotely in the UK
Do you love technology and its interaction with people? Are you happiest when your clients are delighted? Do you dream of owning a range of products that have a meaningful impact on people’s lives? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
In this role, you will take ownership of all Guru products which have a focus on financial management and/or resident engagement. Your mission is to investigate the product opportunity and context before anybody else, define what we need to do to bring a product to market, and what success will look like, all the while ensuring alignment with the business strategy.
As part of Guru’s Product team, you will be interacting with teams across the company from supply chain to marketing, to operations and technology, working with everyone to ensure our technology delights.
About the role
You will be skilled at assessing markets and opportunities, working across multi-disciplinary teams to define and deliver products that our clients (and their customers) will love. You will guide and monitor the product development, and maintain responsibility for the product’s performance over its lifetime. Through this work, you’ll help to delight our customers, enhance Guru’s market position and deliver low carbon energy technologies.
You’ll be working on both hardware and software products that focus on financial management and resident engagement, especially relating to energy bills, and residents’ comfort and heat consumption habits.
You will be skilled at getting the best out of our people and the organisations we work with so that the products you oversee can be delivered efficiently and effectively. In particular, you will excel at communicating externally, understanding client/user behaviour, usability problems and opportunities.
You will have subject matter knowledge in the area of financial transaction and account management, preferably having worked in both B2B and B2C product development.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience of product ownership in IT / Technology / Finance projects
- Common sense approach to technology, and the ability to quickly understand the fundamentals and communicate them to non-technical stakeholders
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and the ability to multitask
- Tenacity to elicit information in order to better understand projects and associated requirements / deliverables
- Able to plan, organise and manage time effectively and be able to work under tight deadlines
- Highly organised and responsive with the ability to prioritise and delegate tasks effectively
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Experience in delivering products related to financial transactions and account management
- Experience using tools in the Atlassian product suite, in particular Jira and plugins
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development or hardware
- Experience working in an SME / start-up environment
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!