Salary: £65,000 – £75,000
Location: London / Remote
Do you have a passion for writing great software? Are you skilled in Python and Django? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
Our offices are in London but this role can equally be remote / home based.
This role sits at the heart of our software development capability, working alongside experienced engineers, taking the lead in the creation of ground-breaking solutions geared to drive efficiencies in heating systems through the use of IoT and big data analytics. This includes the software and coding patterns to ensure scalability, as well as processes, deployment and automation in our CI/CD environment.
We value open-source software and as such you will be an active member and contributor of the communities whose software we are utilising.
About the role
At its core this is a hands-on role building an IoT SaaS backend on Python in Django, ensuring that it works well and fits into Guru’s wider architecture. You will also document subsystems, identify and fix bugs, review code changes for correctness and architectural clarity and style. In addition, as a Senior you will also provide technical guidance and oversight to the greater Python team, mentoring and helping to grow our internal skill base.
We also use C++, Golang, Vue.js and other open-source tools within a Linux environment.
- 8 years professional software development experience
- 3 years hands on with Python / Django, ideally on larger scale projects
- Have made a significant technical contribution to a previous large-scale project
- Experience designing Python based data pipelines
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Deployment and operations of AI / Machine Learning models
- Experience with IoT device-based systems
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!