Salary: £24,000 – £28,000
Location: London and on sites across the south of England
Are you a practical, organised and proactive team player who enjoys working alongside others to deliver projects? Are you happy working both on site and at a desk to support clients building residential developments? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
Working in our Site Delivery team, this role will support senior team members across all areas of our site delivery process – from surveys and documentation, to installation, commissioning and beyond.
You’ll work closely with a variety of stakeholders, both in person and via written documentation and support requests. You’ll assist with both hardware delivery and software setup to ensure all our products and services meet the needs of our clients.
About the role
Working closely with the rest of the site delivery team and our partners, you’ll assist the installation and commissioning of our hardware, including assisting with radio frequency surveys and configuration of network equipment where required.
After the work on site is complete, you’ll use our software products to assist with project tidy up, documentation and certification to ensure that we can invoice our clients on time.
As well as work on site, you’ll be responsible for handling Site Delivery support tickets on rotation, identifying which tickets to escalate and noticing trends which may allow us to better support our clients.
You’ll be responsible for logging and testing hardware returns batches when needed, as well as ensuring that the workshop remains organised so that stock can be accurately tracked.
You’ll also test Guru devices and third party hardware and software solutions where required as well as listening to clients then feeding into the product team to support Guru’s products and services.
- A high level of professionalism when dealing with clients and suppliers using excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Tenacity, methodical and logical thinking and attention to detail when resolving issues on site and when troubleshooting
- A high level of organisational skills when managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Can do attitude with a high level of pro-activity
- Proficient in IT skillset – Excel , Word, G-Suite, written English and comprehension
- Some background in IP networking and VPN configuration either at an educational level or work experience
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- CSCS labourer, Site labourer qualification, First Aid or other Health and Safety qualifications
- Any other communications network qualifications
- Electrical and/or mechanical knowledge
- Experience in delivering training
- Experience in the energy sector including low carbon heat, heat networks in particular and utility metering
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Site Delivery Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!