Salary: £60,000 – £65,000
Location: London / Remote
Do you love delivering SaaS Cloud based solutions? Can you help application developers operate their code at scale? Can you use Ansible to automate the delivery of SaaS solutions? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
Working closely with our infrastructure and development teams, this role is about delivering the software we write as a SaaS product. Working alongside experienced engineers you will help design systems that are easy to operate and will identify and remove scaling bottlenecks as we grow.
Delivery starts with our CI/CD environment that provides rapid feedback to developers on their changes, and allows our customers to benefit from our work as early as possible. Once the code is live you will operate our IoT platform that serves over 30,000 devices and the big data analytics that helps save 9.5 million trees’ worth of CO2.
Our offices are in London but this role can be based remotely in the UK.
About the role
Through the application of strong engineering principles you will ensure the smooth operation of our systems by applying appropriate control, monitoring and alerting systems. Key to this role is the creation, automation and documentation of the servers that provide our infrastructure. Along the way you will help provide second line technical support for our SaaS solutions.
- Linux System Administration and scripting skills
- Experience building automated infrastructure using Ansible in a production environment (50+ server instances)
- Knowledge of either AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experienced 2nd / 3rd line technical support
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Designing and operating Data Pipelines
- Deployment and operations of AI / Machine Learning models
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!