Salary: £75,000 – £85,000
Location: London / Remote
Do you love making tech work seamlessly? Are you excited by the idea of pushing the boundaries of IoT technology? Can you see the big picture whilst paying attention to the details? Interested in energy and big data? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society.
This role sits at the heart of our software development capability, working alongside experienced engineers, taking the lead in the creation of groundbreaking solutions geared to drive efficiencies in heating systems through the use of IoT and big data analytics. This includes the software and design to ensure scalability, as well as processes, deployment and automation in our CI/CD environment.
We value open source software and as such you will be an active member and contributor of the communities whose software we are utilising.
We are a friendly team who set ambitious goals, then work together to achieve them. Our offices are in London but this role could be based remotely in the UK.
About the role
At its core this is a hands-on role spanning from high level architecture, subsystem design through to coding. As a senior member of the team you will be versed in multiple languages including C, Java or similar within a Linux environment.
We expect you can confidently write complex algorithmic code that works. Beyond that, you will be responsible for the design of our systems, and should be able to make good design decisions with limited information against an uncertain future.
Guru’s data centre code is written in Golang, you’ll contribute to that. Training will be provided, where needed, however experience in these areas is good.
- Minimum 5 years within Senior / Lead position
- Strong hands on capability in multiple software languages
- Previous end-to-end solution design / architecture
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Pragmatic approach to design and issue resolution
- Experience working in an SME / start-up environment
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more.
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!